Visiting Miami - What to See and Do
(Miami International Airport MIA, Florida - FL, USA)
Situated on the southeastern side of Florida, Miami is one of America's top tourist destinations for a number of very good reasons. Firstly, it boasts 15 miles of excellent beaches, setting it apart from many city destinations and giving it a special appeal factor for visitors of all ages. It's also hailed as one of the nation's premier nightlife hotspots, with an incredible array of things to do once the sun sets on its glorious Art Deco buildings and beaches.
Its visitor attractions are ranked as some of the best in the world and include the Miami Seaquarium, Miami Everglades National Park, Miami Metrozoo and the Miami Freedom Tower. Finally, dining in Miami is always a treat with a vast assortment of restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets.
Ten things you must do in Miami
- Shop till you drop on Miami's Miracle Mile, with its boutiques, antiques shops, jewelry stores, fashion houses and more.
- Fish, hike, picnic or simply laze on the superb beach at Bill Baggs Cape Florida Park.
- Marvel at Coral Castle, an intriguing attraction created by one man who spent over 20 years moving tons of coral and carving it by hand.
- Head to the Metro-Dade Cultural Center in downtown Miami, where you'll find a number of fascinating museums including the Miami Art and Miami's Historical museums.
- Learn more about the city you're in at the Historical Museum of Southern Florida, with its exhibits about Miami and the history of Southern Florida.
- Kickback on the beach at famous South Beach district and enjoy the nearby entertainment venues and Art Deco buildings.
- Unwind and escape the pace of urban life at Haulover Beach Park where there are secluded areas and kayaks for rent.
- Admire an alligator or two from a safe distance at the Miami Everglades National Park, one of the largest natural parks in the Miami area.
- Take the family to Miami Metrozoo, a huge zoo with more than 900 species of animals.
- Discover the creatures of the deep at the Miami Seaquarium with its killer whales, dolphins, sea lions, porpoises and manatees.